Time is too slow for those who wait.
Some of my favorite places in Goa are shut down for dull season during the rains.
- the relaxed setup at Morjim beach in the north with Rajasthani tents
- the peaceful, isolated location at Columb which has an almost private cove
- the exotic setup at Cavelossim with drinks served on a dock next to river, water buffalos padding through (really).
- The cutoff place (no mobile reception, limited service, and you are sandwiched between a cliff and a beach and a lagoon on the side!) at Cola beach
- Those amazing wooden cottages at Palolem
The list is long and its the same wait every year, when I crave for those amazing moments I spent few months back but cannot experience them till start of November. Its a tough wait but I wonder if without the wait these places would be as exciting? A few days more and I will be back in paradise for most of my weekend getaways.
This snap was clicked at Mandrem beach at a place called Dunes. Good location for a good evening with friends. Highly recommended.